The End of Flash...Stick Arena Free to Play Dec 2020

:wave: XGen Fans & Community,

Very soon Flash will no longer be a supported technology which will affect XGen Studios. We anticipate there will be problems playing all flash games that are not downloadable, however, if you have an older computer or older browser you may be able to enjoy these games so they will remain on XGen’s site. The following XGen downloadable games will not be impacted and include Motherload, Super Motherload, The Low Road, Stick RPG, Stick RPG 2, DYC, the steam version of Stick Arena.

We as a studio are incredibly small these days and the resources, we need to fix these games to ensure they will work is not possible. So, for the many years of support, this community has shown us we would like Stick Arena for the month of December to be free to play!

The XGen community will forever have a special place in our :heart:, as it encouraged and allowed us to do what we love…make the games we wanted to play and so THANK YOU :clap:

-XGen Studios Team

27 Likes

Just like flash everything has to come to an end at some point. Thanks everyone in Xgen for all the amazing memories!

9 Likes

All good things end eventually, as they say.

Flash is obsolete, a port to HTML5 would be great for this game so it could still be played on the web, but the team is small so it’s understandable that it isn’t possible.

I’m not active around here nor xgen games in general, but thanks for the memories.

10 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

Its been a great long run. I grew up on this game, played every since. Lots of memories, lots of arguments but lots of overall fun. Thank you and Sayonara.

5 Likes

shoutout 2 bingieboy (i think thats his name), who bought lab pass a couple days before this announcement

5 Likes

If lab pass were bought we will refund them and we can be emailed at contact@xgenstudios.com.

6 Likes

Why not just add legit 30 days to every account and leave the embedded lp also for new accs, best solution imo

6 Likes

What will happen to Territory War 3? I also recently tweeted you guys and the game developer, Shawn Tanner about it too.

6 Likes

The game will remain on the website and if you have an older browser or computer will be playable otherwise it may not work without Flash. We came across this Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/e4gz85/any_way_to_keep_using_flash_player_after_december/ and looks like Flashpoint is going to get flash games playable with Territory War listed as a game on their page, as well as a few other XGen classics so check that out! However, this is only a suggestion and we are not directly affiliated with Flashpoint.

9 Likes

We’ll find other ways to play SA outside of Steam.

1 Like

worst comes to worst we’ll just have to play stick arena in real life

like natas1 and .1.

6 Likes

A little delayed, but:

With the given news, we’ve decided to give all users 2 choices of any spinner they want! Any color, any spinner. Excluding the blue head, builder spinners, tri-colored spinners, and obviously the mod spinner. Limit 2 spinners per player (don’t try to swindle us). Just message @Ice or myself which two you decide and we’ll get you taken care of!

We’re also going to remove this to no limit ONLY for this month. All the same rules still apply (read up on this if you’re not sure what they are).

We’re also going to be removing this restriction as well. The same rules apply here too.

Ice has something he’d like to add too.

13 Likes

Woah. Merry Christmas Indeed! Thanks a lot homies!

6 Likes

On another note, players need to redeem playday prizes before 12/12/2020. If you have prizes on the pending/reserved section, let me or Schallmeister know so we can take care of that for you. Here is the link for the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QBPABjOE9xV_xNGzVWv6LznVEDAzL7ZoP3JM9i4uN6A/edit#gid=0

9 Likes

Nice boys

8 Likes

Thanks for the LP! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yay, thank you !

5 Likes

Appreciate that!

5 Likes

Made this edit because some are requesting it. I’d almost be alright with doing this, but I can’t control the outcome of the spinners outside of what I have logged in another topic. No one else has one besides myself, and they were for testing purposes. Sorry guys!

4 Likes