Stick Arena Announcement!

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768.

Same. Zoomed in whenever I launch it. I also get some weird white boxes on the side of the players list.

Resolution: 1600 x 900

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #46

Holy crap, it came a day early! :smiley:

Thanks XGen! :slight_smile:

(Marga) #47

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #48

Is there any way to resize the game window?

(David) #49

Alright, it appears that you can adjust the quality in game to fix the black line issue @Kincaid1 reported.

(Kincaid) #50

So it seems that putting the quality at medium and below gets rid of the black lines during gameplay, but still makes them show up when you bring up the in-game menu. Strange. And a bummer.

(David) #51

Yeah, at least there’s a work around. I think it’s an artifact of a newer flash version.

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #52

Does F12 not work to take Steam screenshots in SA? That’s how I take screens in all my other Steam games…

(Kincaid) #53

Is there the possibility of a fix in the future?

(David) #54

Yeah, I think I’ve narrowed down the cause and I’m working on a fix right now. @Kincaid1 could you tell me the version of Flash Player you’re using in the browser? You can tell this by right clicking the stick arena client in browser. Can you also confirm there are no black lines on any quality with that version?

(Kincaid) #55

Flash Player 30.0.0.134

And there ARE black lines if you zoom in (zoom in-browser, CTRL+Mousewheel) any amount.

EDIT: As an added note, I suggest fixing the “15+ weapons” line on the Steam page.

(Schall) #56

This might not count, but I’m getting the black lines on Windows 8.1 through Oracle VM too.

My resolution is 5120 x 2880. I noticed it was quite a bit larger than the website version, but I like it. Maybe because it doesn’t take up that much space on my screen…

The scrollbars are white now it seems.

(JS, circa 2005) #57

The game wouldn’t load for me. But, I’m actually not too familiar with Steam.

I’ll just stick to using the browser version for now.

(Schall) #58

I think there’s a minimum of Windows 7 to operate it. Your OS might have something to do with it.

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #59

Weren’t you the one who said you don’t have a good enough processor to run the Steam version?

(David) #60

Hey Everyone,

I just released a new Beta build for Stick Arena that has the follow changes:

• Fixed black bars between tiles at higher qualities
  • Fixed VIP clear button sometimes causing disconnects
  • Allows resizing by click and dragging window borders
  • Fixes performance issues for certain users
  • Fixed chat commands linking to old URLs
  • Removed rarely used servers

I would appreciate everyone giving this build a try and letting me know if there are any issues before we release it to everyone.

To access the Beta Version through steam do the follow:

1. Restart Steam
  2. Right click Stick Arena and select Properties
  3. Click the Betas tab and choose the Beta - option from the dropdown

Thanks!

David

Season 7 Discussion (Stick Arena)
(,.x.school3r.x.,) #61

Thanks, David! I love that the Steam version is now the size I want it to be. :slight_smile: I’d love to see a fullscreen zoom via a maximize button, if that’s possible.

I’m not sure how much of the game’s code you have access to, but if you could fix the bug where certain restricted colors show up as the default red in the lobby, it would mean the world to me :wink:

EDIT: So, the other servers are still accessible from the browser version. Is this intentional?

EDIT2: Found another bug. When you exit the Steam version and re-open it, the settings, including crosshair and language filter, are reset to default. The window size is also reset to default, but that may be intentional, idk…

Ye the one with the restricted spinners is kinda weird. Some of them(most actually) show red in the lobby, but when entering a game it has the correct colors.

(Shad0ws / Jon) #63

Yeah, that’s always happened. Certain restricted colors fall in a category where they show up red in the lobby. I’ve found it’s usually the ones that are much darker.