Stick Arena Announcement!

(Shad0ws / Jon) #21

I wasn’t saying there wasn’t room for improvement, if that’s what you guys think. I’m not being negative, I’m being comical. Yeesh.

Progress!

HTML5 would still be better though nonetheless.

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #25

Why are these quotes contradictory? I’d like clarification please @Kaelyn @David

EDIT: Unless after 2020 Flash games will still be playable via Steam… is that the case? I thought after then no online flash games period would work because of Adobe not supporting it anymore…

Isnt xgen ashamed
(David) #26

Hey @Schooler good question!

After 2020 Flash games will indeed be playable using a Flash runtime. What is happening in 2020 is that browsers will no longer support an embedded Flashplayer. There’s nothing stopping you from downloading a flash runtime and continuing to play your favorite flash games.

There are a number of games already released on steam that operate this way and in most cases it’s very difficult to tell.

Let me know if you want any more clarification!

David.

Isnt xgen ashamed
Isnt xgen ashamed
(,.x.school3r.x.,) #27

OK great! That answers my question.

I’m glad that Adobe won’t be the ones who kill SA. And hopefully the steam version will attract more players. There are probably old players who have totally forgotten about this game, and when they see the message on Steam that Stick Arena is now available, I’m sure they will come running back :wink:

Thanks XGen, both for continuing to support SA and for answering my questions :slight_smile:

Isnt xgen ashamed
(Kaelyn) #28

Hey guys!

Wanted to give you guys an update! Stick Arena, unfortunately, won’t be launching today as the steam page did indicate before. We have had some unexpected development delays but are hoping for a launch on July 25th! Will keep you guys updated if this changes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kaelyn & XGen Team

Still confused about the 15+ weapon choices. Are we really getting new weapons? @Kaelyn

(Kaelyn) #30

No new weapons sadly! There is that many choices in the original according to the code base!