Season 2 Discussion (Stick Arena)

I think the best thing that was done is after every season top 100 get some lp days, this is great to give players a sample of lp every month. I also love Magics not reset rank but season leader board idea.

(Weary Of The World) #76

Did you ever figure the wreath one out?

(Schall) #77

Yes, I added it to your account a couple of days ago. Sorry about the wait.

Are the prizes suppost to be announced soon for season 3?

(Nick) #79

Prizes for the awardees of Stick Arena Competitive Season 3 shall be announced soon, yes. Potential changes to the competitive seasons are being weighed, hence the delay. Aforementioned ideas are being taken into consideration as well, so hang tight for now.

Just want to throw this out there. Aslong as urinal is still allowed i am done competing. Players who don’t urinal 24/7 literally have no chance for top 3.

(Lexus(17)) #81

Honestly don’t think allowed urinal map is unfair. From my point of view playing uri is saving our time to play. However If you don’t want to play this map it’s your choice. 15K kills isn’t something what can’t do on 1 month without playing urinal map. Try to play pit, random hammer maps, classic/ballistick/custom maps or FFA aim. Obviously for 30K it could be not enough. Other side if you noticed @icanasian rounds complete (over 1100) it’s amazing result. Im sure even if urinal map was outlaw this season. No one wouldn’t be able pass him

Its not about whats possible without urinal, its about whats possible when people play urinal all day. Someone who dosen’t play urinal would have to play double the amount of time as someone who dosen’t… If you’re good at melee its respectable, but urinal dosen’t even take skill or make people learn the game.

Urinal is never getting banned so id eathier suggest get kills like kero did last season did or join :smiley:

(jøeL) #84

I don’t support either side, but the main fact to consider is that players are still getting on because they like urinaling. I even saw a player say, “if they ban urinals, then i’m never coming back to this game”. I’d suggest keeping urinals in tact, but limiting the kills is the only way to keep it fair. I like how it is currently, and support the changes!

I also encourage people not to kick people who “Free-Kill” as many people don’t even know that rule and new players are getting kicked which might result in them not coming back. They’ll be able to learn that factor as they play more.

Lmao i dont care enough to join you to be honest. This is a discussion thread so i was giving my thoughts on the season and to be honest there are a bunch of players who agree… @Kero actually played real games for his kills and he lost to people who urinal all day so you helped make my point.

@joeL I agree about limiting the kills because i guess players do enjoy urinal.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I don’t think limiting the number of kills again on its own would change anything. Someone who plays only FFAs or 1v1/2v2s would still get significantly less kills in the long run than other players who frequently urinal. Let’s say you decrease the number of kills to 35 or 30. Players FFAing in Hq or pit (most popular maps) are getting anywhere from 10-25 kills per round, sometimes more if they’re lucky. Players who urinal with 3-4 people easily get 30-35 per game. And once players hit the max, they’ll just stop getting kills and help the others max out. Even with two players you can still get 30 kills per round. This may not seem like a huge difference, but it adds up after a while, especially since groups of players tend to urinal for long periods of time over many rounds.

That being said, if we ban urinal then we should also ban hammer/melee maps that allow for a high number of kills. But then we start getting into the weeds about which maps are legal/illegal. This just seems too difficult to moderate and as previously stated, a few players might leave because they enjoy these aspects of the game.

Has anyone thrown around the idea of increasing round time? Having an extra minute would allow FFA players to get more kills per round and approach the limit. How many times have you guys gotten 40 kills per round in an FFA map in 5 minutes recently? If you really wanted to discourage urinaling, you could increase round time and decrease # of max kills. Some have also thrown around the idea of limiting the prizes each season and focusing on other parts of the game (e.g. map making, tournaments, play days, etc.), and I really like this idea. Competitive seasons aren’t the only thing SA has to offer and some players might return if we focus on these other aspects of the game.

(Lexus(17)) #88

We can’t fight it anymore. Some people always will looking for the easiest soultion for getting kills/ranks. At the moment it’s urinal map. If it will outlaw again (easiest soultion) it will something else most probably hammer maps etc.
Anyway potential competitive seasons winners will people who played most rounds complete.

@Magic : Me and @Nicholas played many legit games whole season. I guess your opinion isn’t based on any facts. During season 2 we played urinal games just from time to time expect last 3 days on december. BTW. We played with @Kero lots rounds including urinal games.
That’s all what I wanted to say.

(Metrø ßoomin) #90

What you just said is Spot on, Urinals are a part of the game. With that being said though, I really dont agree with allowing it because of the max KPR (Kills Per Round.)

Dropping it to 30 makes perfect sense, as I have yet too see a pit player average 40 kills per game without fail. It’s Extremely unfair the way it’s currently set up. Players that can’t get a labpass have been at an extreme disadvantage with the way the leaderboards are currently operating.

With a few minor tweaks, you can bring more balance, which would ultimately give players who can’t get a labpass some motive to actually compete in a season. Because so far, the only players who have placed top 10 in the leaderboards, already had a labpass to begin the season with.

(Nick) #91