Rounds are not saving properly in certain servers

The kills are usually not registering in other servers than 2-Dimensional Central (actually they didn’t save in 2dc once or twice too recently) and I’m assuming that the issue is the server hosts are too bad to keep up with the game requests. Is there a chance that admins will change the host? There must be plenty of alternatives with similar prices.

Ever since the servers got updated, they’ve been doing really bad. The europe server is experiencing weird glitches and almost never counts any rounds ever since the location was changed to germany. This is happening since like 2017 already I believe and I don’t think it should be too hard to fix. Also now the servers sometimes reach a high ping (above 130 ms) at random times, for all players in the game and it can last for a couple rounds.

@Kaelyn @Jordan @Schallmeister Can anything be done about the issue? I know it was probably brought up before at some point but nothing was done about it.

17 Likes

To clarify on the glitches, after 2-3 games one or more players will lag into a wall, effectively stopping any kind of game (2v2 or otherwise) that we are playing. The player can still be killed and play normally afterwards, but then the scoreboard show seemingly random scores and no kills count after this point. So we basically have to remake our games very often and it is frustrating in the long run.
Ironically, the EU side of the community is more active than it has been in a long time, as the above tries to demonstrate. Arguably just as active as 2dc is, except for during playdays or tournaments. We all still enjoy playing, and it is not unusual for us to have two 2v2 games going simultaneously, or even sometimes a 2v2 and a CTF (so 10 players total). With a lot of old EU players returning/visiting recently as well it really is unfortunate to still deal with these problems.

14 Likes

I’ll message them directly with a link to this topic to see if I can get ahold of them a little faster.

Thanks for bringing this up!

12 Likes

Here at 0:30 is how the glitch looks like.

12 Likes

In addition to EU having issues, I can confirm along with @Ice, that the rest of the servers have been extremely buggy with the same exact issue. From 2-DC to Classic it seems to be a major problem. This involves public and private matches as well and usually the 2nd or 3rd game renders the most issues. Kills aren’t counting as well for some games too, however this affects a portion of the community.

12 Likes

It is still an issue, just saying.

9 Likes

I’ll say something again to them.

10 Likes

Still an issue.

10 Likes

@Jordan @Kaelyn

7 Likes

Zero communication towards your community. Atleast tell us what’s going on, even if it’s negative. Don’t be like Valve, be transparent.

As Red has proven in his thread on “Stick Arena in 2020”, there are still people who like your game. In fact, the majority of your community comes from this game.

What’s Xgen upto nowadays? Is there any future for Stick Arena? There are still some bugs/glitches that aren’t even related to this topic.

@Jordan @Kaelyn

9 Likes

Also wanted to add that the servers have been really lackluster as of lately, can’t even FFA or 2v2 now sadly. Hope we can get a reboot on the servers to improve stability. @Jordan @Kaelyn

7 Likes

Last they told me they weren’t really up to anything as of right now.

They told me they didn’t find anything about this issue, but I assured them multiple people have been saying the same thing about them, so I’m sure they’ll look into it again.

We appreciate the concern, really, but there’s no need to bash them.

8 Likes

I don’t think anyone was bashing them, just suggesting something. I mean how far from true is the statement that they do not communicate with us at all? It gets pretty frutrating at times, I’m sure you can agree on that.

I said it before; I don’t think the issue is in the actual server codes, because it appeared only when the server hosts were changed… and I don’t think rebooting them will change anything either. The glitch presented in the video above stayed with us for a looong time now, which suggests to me that the server hosts are not good enough to keep up with the requests that game is sending (for example sending a kill / death). Sometimes even switching a spinner in the profile will lag and then give you a completely different spinner when you join in-game so you have to come back and change it in profile multiple times. I mean it all looks like just a pure lag, not a code issue. Also an important note: It doesn’t happen all the time. It happens suddenly, unexpected, at random times. At a first glance the game might look okay, but that is until you actually spend a couple rounds playing it.

9 Likes

I think I’ve suggested this before, but I’ll say it again. It would benefit the newcomers to the community, since they can’t find players, if you close all servers except for: 2-Dimensional Central, Europe Amsterdam, Cartesian Republic. And by closing those, you’ll have more money to work with and stabilize the remaining servers.

8 Likes

So let me ask you guys this - are you playing on a browser or Steam or some third party client? I play on the browser version and haven’t experienced these issues at all.

2 Likes

The question isn’t related to the issue, but I’m playing mostly on a third party (EAC, which has been approved back in the day so don’t come at me) but some of the eu members like bbswag who played with us on dimensions in couple 2v2 seshes, also experienced the issue. I don’t know when you played or in what server and how long, but like I said, it happens at random times and unexpected.

Believe me, no one would bother making a thread or comment here if the problem didn’t exist, I hope you or the admins are not assuming that.

9 Likes

Is this ever going to get solved, can I get a response from the admins and hear what are their thoughts on this or is this whole thread pointless aswell? I get it, I’ve been blacklisted in the past, who cares about my complains right, but this isn’t just MY issue that I made or anything. I just went to 2dimensional central and couldn’t stay for more than just 1 round again. I made this topic almost a month ago. Can the admins or mods tell me if I should just like… leave? Or will the servers ever get changed? I mean the game is becoming unplayable and I’m not talking about urinal games, lag doesn’t even matter in those.

7 Likes

It is what it is son. I think the admins should consider selling stick arena to a different company * dont take any offence *, but it just seems like you guys don’t even want to spend another second touching the game, and I am sure there is another flash game site that can buy it to a suitable price as there’s a lot of potential with it. @Jordan @Kaelyn

5 Likes
6 Likes

Another glitch.

At the beginning of the video you can see I’m getting 2nd place even though I have 0-0 score. Wtf honestly

4 Likes