Attention New Forum Members

Firstly, welcome to the XGen Studios forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Some of you may have realized that when you’re creating a new account that you’ve been waiting on that activation email for a while. Well, you’re not going to get it. For now, anyways.

After digging around and some failed reproduction attempts, the forums is not sending any activation emails. I’ve reached out to the creators of Discourse trying to solve the issue and now I’m basically just waiting on some responses from them.

When and if I can figure it out, I’m not sure if it’s going to automatically send all those unsent activation emails at once, or if I’m going to have to do them manually. Either way, I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Regardless of whatever happens, I’m just wanting to let it be known I’m aware of the problem and that I’ve been searching for an answer.

I’ll try to keep some sort of updates on the matter here if necessary.

Again, welcome to the XGen forums. Feel free to lurk around :eyes:

• Schall
8 Likes

From what I’ve gathered, there something called “sideqik” that runs in the background that performs several basic functions: sending emails is one of them. When I do upgrades to the forums it tells me sideqik is not running.

The guys over at Discourse say that’s the reason our forum isn’t sending out activation emails, but they can’t really know what is actually causing it to not run properly without knowing the details.

If you catch me on Discord (Schallmeister#0082) or on Stick Arena or another game or any of the other mods and you want us to activate your forum account so you can start posting and sending messages, please let us know and we can get you hooked up!

I apologize for the inconvenience.

7 Likes

It took me awhile to make my account, because before I couldn’t do it… But glad that it worked out now.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that the devs switched some things and got everything working again, so thanks to them for helping out with that!

3 Likes